Inter-religion Marriage

If the parties to a marriage belong to different religion then the only option is to register the marriage under the Special Marriage Act 1954. The same documentation and paperwork as prescribed for court marriage . Both parties will have to give a minimum of 30 days notice to the sub-registrar where one of the intending couples resides. The Act provides that potential couples do not need to print wedding cards and present a priest’s certificate. The marriage registration will take place immediately after the wedding.

The registrar will paste a copy of the marriage notice on his office board. If there is no objection to the notice , then the marriage would be registered under the Special Marriage Act within 30 days from the date of notice. If there is any objection, the marriage officer will conduct an enquiry. After completing the enquiry, the registrar would then formally register the marriage.

The following are the documents to submit when registering a marriage.

  • Application form signed by the couple
  • Evidence of date of birth
  • Proof of residence
  • Passport size photos 4 nos ( for each) 
  • We have experience for over 18 years in this field.

We are happy to assist you to complete the formalities in simple way. 

Call Us To Start Your Marriage Procedure